TO CONTRIBUTE

We're looking for your best mobile phone images. We can take 100 blog authors at a time. A current list of contributors can be found on the right side of this blog. Becoming an official contributor is easy, just email me at sendthistorod@me.com and ask. If we've got spots, I'll email you back from blogger asking if you want to be an author. The rest is easy. Follow the simple blogger directions and you're all set. You can then post to you're hearts content directly from your computer.

The only thing we ask is that you tell us how you achieved such an awesome photo with your phone. This is, after all, how we all grow as a community of In Focus phone photographers.
Please no nudity or foul language.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A beginning

I've been wanting to work on this blog for some time now but with three off-camera flash books in the works it was tough. However both Robin and I have finally finished those projects and before we begin work on our next book for Amherst media, I thought I might jump right into this blog and see what develops.

My goal is to simply explore the possibilities, to push my small iphone and my imagination to limit. It's quite an exciting idea — filled with as many challenges and hopefully triumphs as my other photographic endeavors have brought.

I believe I'll begin by exploring simple composition and work my way up from there. It should be fairly easy with the iphone (or any camera phone) since the apertures are so small there should be no problem in keeping things in-focus 'enough'. I'm not concerned about loss of 'quality' with the phone since 'quality' is a hogwash word anyway. With a strong enough message — any image becomes important, no matter what it was shot with.

I'll begin my compositional journey with a study of anchors, caps and blocking. This will give me a pretty quick view of spacial aberrations and perspective issues. I've already done a few pre-tests (it's hard not to) with the phone and I'll begin posting as soon as possible. I believe I will even set this blog up so that I can upload while on the go.

It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment